Commonly Faced Errors And Mistakes In Filing GSTR1 Return
We have found that most of us are finding a lot of problems in filing our GSTR1 e-return. Some are due to the complexities in the process of government portal in filing the return and some are due to our lack of knowledge and improper data feeding in our accounting software. So, here we trying to provide you the first hand information, that you can use and share with your loved ones to go through, before they prepare and file their GSTR1, in order to avoid any inconvenience.
The following are the points to take care while filing your GST return -
1. Make sure that your company's own GST No. is feeded correctly.
2. Check that the GST Nos. of all the registered parties whose account masters we have created are correct.
3. Check that the State and State Codes are defined in all the party masters.
4. Make sure that the HSN/SAC codes are specified in all Item and Expenditure masters and are correct.
5. There should not be any negative quantity in HSN Summary.
6. Enter the Item description of all the HSN Codes thru the Update GST/HSN Description option in -> GST Misc Utilities Menu Option in Busy.
7. Items with multiple units -
This is the most common problem faced by our most of the users. It is the case when we have an Item named for example, Iron Sheet and we sell it Pcs as well as Kgs. And the HSN code for the Iron Sheet is same in both the cases.
Now, the GST portal does not identify single item with 2 different measurement units. So, it will give you an error. Now, what we have to do is to specify in Busy different Item Descriptions for both the unit combinations, like -
8. Don't mix between Zero rated and Nil rated items. Understand the difference between all these clearly here :
Now, you can generate and upload your return GSTR1 very smoothly.
In order to help you and demonstrate the process, we have also described the whole process of creating the GSTR1 return in details and attached a video for this in details. For which, you can visit our following link -
Like us on Facebook :
3 most important tips, that you should remember before you start working on New Financial Year in Busy Accounting Software. We have also tried to describe the following things...View More...
Learn how to save your time and maximize your output in less time in your existing software. In this video we are going to teach you how you can increase your working speed on Busy Accounting Software by learning various shortcut keys and maximize use of your keyboard instead of mouse. We will also teach you various shortcut keys that will help you in working in Multi-tasking mode...View More...
How to Download and Configure Busy BNS Mobile ApplicationView More...
Get Realtime Notifications on Your Mobile - BusyBNS App is deisgned to recieve notifications from BUSY. You can send invoices / ledgers / stock or any such document on any mobile, just like a whatsapp message.View More...